What you can expect
You will practice basic first aid in the workplace, define the role of a First Aider, and learn the principles of First Aid. This course will work through the DRSABCD system with a series of scenarios. We will cover: calling for help, signs of life, airways, CPR, bleeding and shock, AEDs, common illnesses, hypothermia and hyperthermia, burns, poisoning, deformities, bites and stings, minor ailments and handling casualties.
This HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Course includes the HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course.
You will receive hands on practice with a CPR mannequin, and practise using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). You will simulate bandaging and role play during an emergency scenario as well as other skills. You’ll get to practice each skill with other participants in a fun relaxed situation where you feel comfortable and confident. While the material taught in this course is serious, it’s taught in a positive, upbeat environment.
· DRSABCDS in align with the ARC Guidelines
· CPR & rescue breathing at the layperson level
· Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
· BLS (Basic Life Support) Asthma & Anaphylaxis
· AED (automated external defibrillator) use
· Preventing and caring for shock
· Illness & Injury Assessment, · Bandaging, Bites, Stings
· Management of fractures & dislocations, first aid kit considerations